Do It Yourself: Yes
Another DIY session. Actually, my mission is to find out how is the rear speaker assembly and to find the source of knocking sound emitted when traveling along uneven road.
- Flat blade screwdriver
- Torx T20 driver
- Start off by removing the door latch cover. Use a flat tool and pry along the cover edge.
- Next, use T20 driver and undo a screw inside the door inner handle.
- To remove the door panel, we need to unclip and push it upward.
- Use any flat tool covered with a piece of cloth.
- Run along the door panel edge to unclip every clips.
- The door membrane is using a material made of styrofoam.
- The membrane is quite fragile and can tear off easily if not careful.
- For me, the original membrane is not good enough. If that part broken, I will consider replacing it with a good quality soundproofing material like Dynamat etc.
- Peering the door membrane to snap the interior of the door. No sound proofing done from the factory.
- One of the rubber strip clip is missing (red circle). Wonder if they (SC) have the clip.
- There is a speaker connection for the rear door (sorry, forgot to snap a picture of it). Need a 5.25 inch speaker and also a speaker mounting. Anyone have or found original rear speakers for sale?